Safeguarding and risk management: Developing a safety management framework for mentoring and befriending
**Book early and only pay £120**
The aim of this course is:
To provide you with specialist guidance on what is meant by safeguarding in mentoring and befriending. It will take you through a six stage process to help you learn how to implement effective and robust safety management systems.
This course has been developed to help you meet elements 6 and 7 of our Approved Provider Standard (APS) and will be delivered by a sector expert.
This course will help you to:
Implement a safety management system for your own programme that incorporates the following:
- An awareness of the safeguarding and safety issues affecting your project
- Formal risk assessments of the various tasks undertaken in the project
- Relevant documentation including policies, procedures and guidelines
- A training and implementation process
- Systems to monitor and review your safeguarding and risk management process
Receive a free ‘Safeguarding and risk management: Developing a safety management framework for mentoring and befriending’ toolkit worth £45
Who should attend?
Anyone who is setting up or planning to set up a mentoring or befriending programme. This includes project co-ordinators or trustees who want to ensure they are fully complying with the requirements of safeguarding in mentoring and befriending. It is also relevant for projects who want to review what they currently have in place or who are working towards achieving APS.
One of our experienced trainers who has extensive knowledge of the mentoring and befriending sector and specifically in relation to safeguarding and risk management.
This is one of a range of courses which we can deliver on-site or we can tailor to suit your needs as part of our in-house training offer.
* Early bird discount is only applicable on the indicated courses. To qualify you must book your place before the specified date on each course. Only one special offer/discount can be applied per order. See full terms and conditions.