APS eligibility and responsibilities
Mentoring and/or befriending projects are only eligible to work towards APS that are either fully operational or in the process of setting up and who can successfully evidence their outcomes at assessment within the 12 months working towards period.
To work towards achieving APS make sure that you are eligible – use our checklist below to find out:
1. Is your project based on one of the following?
- One-to-one mentoring or befriending relationships involving face-to-face meetings
- Group mentoring or befriending
- Peer mentoring or peer support
- Telephone/text based mentoring or befriending
- Online based mentoring or befriending
2. You agree to:
- Develop your project in line with the 12 key elements of APS and the APS detailed guidance
- Review your current practices by using the APS self-assessment diagnostic tool and completing an APS action plan (provided once you are working towards)
- Be assessed within 12 months
- Gain organisational commitment to achieving APS
If you meet the criteria set out above, then you able to sign up to work towards achieving the APS standard.
All our training courses and resources have been designed to help you meet the key elements of our APS, projects who are APS accredited or ‘working towards’ will receive 20% discount on all National Training Programme (NTP) courses and resources.
We have also set up a APS working towards discussion forum, where you can debate, discuss and share your APS working towards experiences.
MBF commitment and responsibilities
- Facilitate APS briefing events to aid your understanding and application of the standard
- Provide detailed guidance, resources, training, good practice bank (discounts apply for working towards projects)
- Review APS materials and ensure that APS processes are current
- Maintain and quality assure APS
- Continually develop our good practice bank of supporting materials
- Train, support and supervise our APS assessors
- Provide guidance for assessment format
- Verify assessment status and inform project of decision (normally within 14 days)
All APS applications are subject to terms and conditions.