Setting up and managing a mentoring or befriending programme: part B – fully booked
–This course is now fully booked –
How do you ensure that your mentoring or befriending service is developed in line with good practice? Based on our ‘Approved Provider Standard’, NCVO’s specialist quality standard for mentoring or befriending projects, this course will give you practical guidance on how to set up and manage a safe, and effective, mentoring/peer mentoring or befriending programme.
This course, Part B, will link to requirements 6-10. (It is a follow on from Part A which will focus on requirements 1-5).
By the end of the day you will:
- Know about safe recruitment and selection of people who would like to volunteer as mentors/peer mentors or befrienders in your project
- Have an overview of the training you will need to provide for your mentors/befrienders to prepare them for their roles
- Be able to identify what support and supervision you will need to provide for your mentors or befrienders throughout their relationships
- Understand approaches in the matching of mentors or befrienders to service users and how to manage waiting lists
- Be clear on what will be required in order to monitor the mentoring or befriending relationships effectively and show outcomes are being achieved
Who should attend?
This course is relevant to those interested in setting up a new mentoring/peer mentoring or befriending project and those who want to develop and improve their existing services. It is also appropriate for those in the process of applying to achieve NCVO’s Approved Provider Standard (APS). To ensure you cover all relevant aspects of setting up and managing a mentoring/befriending service, you should also book your place on Part A.
What do people say about the course?
“Part A and Part B were incredibly practical, useful and 100% relevant. Sometimes courses of this nature can be jargon loaded, rushed and inaccessible to those unfamiliar with their subject matter. These courses were nothing like that – quite the opposite, in fact. They gave us time to digest the material, reflect on what we had learned and discovered, plan and adapt course content for our own approach, ask questions and create a template that was ready for lift-off.”
All of our courses can be delivered at a time and place to suit you. Find out more about our in-house training option.
*To qualify for the Early Bird Discount you must book your place before the date specified on each individual event. Only one special offer/discount can be applied per order. See full terms and conditions.