Setting up and managing a mentoring or befriending programme: part A – fully booked
–This course is now fully booked –
How do you ensure that your mentoring or befriending service is developed in line with good practice? Based on our ‘Approved Provider Standard’, NCVO’s specialist quality standard for mentoring or befriending projects, this course will give you practical guidance on how to set up and manage a safe, and effective, mentoring/peer mentoring or befriending programme.
This course, Part A, will link to requirements 1-5. (The follow on course, Part B, will focus on requirements 6-10)
By the end of the day you will:
- Be clear about who you are going to help and the difference you want your project to make
- Be able to determine the most appropriate model of mentoring or befriending to help achieve your intended outcomes
- Know what resources are needed and the key roles and responsibilities for effective project delivery
- Be aware of the typical policies and procedures required to ensure the safety of all participants
- Know how to develop effective referral processes for potential service users
- Know what is involved in briefing your service users about the project, what they can expect and assess their needs
Who should attend?
This course is relevant to those interested in setting up a new mentoring/peer mentoring or befriending project and those who want to develop and improve their existing services. It is also appropriate for those in the process of applying to achieve NCVO’s Approved Provider Standard (APS) for mentoring or befriending services. To ensure you cover all relevant aspects of setting up and managing a mentoring/befriending service, you should also book your place on Part B.
What do people say about the course?
“Part A and Part B were incredibly practical, useful and 100% relevant. Sometimes courses of this nature can be jargon loaded, rushed and inaccessible to those unfamiliar with their subject matter. These courses were nothing like that – quite the opposite, in fact. They gave us time to digest the material, reflect on what we had learned and discovered, plan and adapt course content for our own approach, ask questions and create a template that was ready for lift-off.”
All of our courses can be delivered at a time and place to suit you. Find out more about our in-house training option.
*To qualify for the Early Bird Discount you must book your place before the date specified on each individual event. Only one special offer/discount can be applied per order. See full terms and conditions.