Benefits of APS
- Carry out a ‘health check’ and evaluate your project’s operation
- Become more attractive to funders due to proven safe, effective and professional practice
- Increase public confidence in your programme, helping to promote your practice to potential service users and volunteers
- Examine your procedures, monitoring, evaluation and feedback processes
- Ensure a quality mentoring or befriending experience
- Raise your profile through feature in the MBF online project directory and use of the APS logo
- Use the assessment report feedback and recommendations as part of continuous improvement
‘We really appreciate the feedback in the assessment report highlighting different areas of the befriending scheme and giving further recommendations for further development’
West End Refugee Service
In 2011 people told us that APS had supported them to:
- Design and deliver their mentoring and/or befriending programme effectively – 95%
- Evidence the impact of their mentoring and/or befriending programme – 85%
- Access funding for their mentoring and/or befriending programme – 53%
- Gain skills and knowledge from undertaking APS – 87%
How do I find out more?
You can find out more by attending one of our free half-day briefing events which take place across England and Wales. Or you can download our APS leaflet for more information or watch our APS DVD – Talking quality standards!
All our training courses and reesources have been designed to help you meet the key elements of our APS, projects who are APS accredited or ‘working towards’ will receive 20% discount on all National Training Programme (NTP) courses and resources.