We produce a range of resources to support you in setting up, commissioning or developing your mentoring or befriending service.
All our publications and resources reflect the good practice that we promote via the Approved Provider Standard (APS) and cover many areas of planning, operation and management including: setting up a scheme, training your mentors and befrienders, managing risk and personal safety issues, developing matching guidelines, measuring outcomes, making a sound investment plus research and impact reports to help you make the argument for funding your programme or expanding it
For our complete list of resources see our A-Z list or browse by our key subject areas:
- Design, planning and funding
- Management and organisation
- Staff, volunteers and service users
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Quality and development
- Impact and evidence
Many of our resources are free to download – such as our comprehensive range of information sheets on a range of issues. To access most of them and to buy our other resources you will need to become an MBF network member.
We have a full range of ‘pick and mix’ training toolkits which have been designed and developed to support our National Training Programme. Each toolkit is FREE when you attend the relevant training courses.
Not attending a training course? You can purchase our training toolkits in hard copy for £45 or as an interactive PDF version £25. Discounts available*
Our range of toolkits include:
- Setting up a successful mentoring or befriending programme
- Training volunteer mentors or befrienders
- Setting up and managing a peer support scheme in schools and colleges
- Training peer mentors and peer supporters in schools and colleges
- Monitoring and evaluating outcomes in mentoring and befriending
- Safeguarding and risk management: Developing a safety management framework for mentoring and befriending
We offer a range of special offer discounts when you purchase our toolkits which include*:
- 20% discount for APS accredited or ‘working towards’ projects (saving up to £9)
- 20% discount when 2 toolkits are purchased together (saving up to £18)
- 30% discount when 4 or more toolkits are purchased together (saving up to £54)
How to order
All our resources can be ordered online - use the shopping basket icon located next to each resource. You can choose to pay by credit card or request an invoice. Alternatively, telephone us on 03300 882 877.
*Only one offer available per order. Payments must be made by requested invoice. Credit card payments will not have discounts applied. See our full terms and conditions.